All Hazards Disaster Response (AHDR)
Date: Tuesday, November 9th, 2021
Time: 8:30am – 5:00pm
Location: Devens Campus
The All Hazards Disaster Response (AHDR) course teaches students how to respond to the many types of disaster scenarios they may encounter, including natural disasters and infrastructure failings, fires and radiological events, pandemics, active shooter incidents, and other mass casualty events. AHDR educates participants on how to analyze potential threats in their area, assess available resources, and create a response plan that will save lives.
Features of a medical response plan covered in the course include:
• Communicating effectively during disasters.
• Mutual aid and interoperability.
• Managing resources such as supplies, medications and equipment.
• Triage and transportation strategies and challenges.
• Patient tracking and evacuation.
AHDR is appropriate for all levels of EMS practitioners. This course is offered in the classroom and provides 8 hours of CAPCE credit and NREMT recognition.